These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all transactions for products and services purchased through the Ivar.com Website. By placing your order with us you are accepting these Terms and Conditions.
The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in our Website. Currency fluctuations and credit card charges may make a difference to the amount billed on your credit card. We will use our reasonable endeavours to deliver the goods or services within the times indicated. However, where delivery times and dates are given, they are for general guidance only and we will not be held liable for late delivery of goods caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control. We will also keep you updated regarding any delays.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. We also take payments via Paypal.
We strongly recommend that you use a card that is 3D secure enabled. If the purchase is not 3D secure, we may contact you to verify the card details.
We reserve the right to refuse & cancel any transaction if we have any reason to believe it may be fraudulent or an attempted fraud.
Also, in the event that the bank rejects to honour any payment transaction made by you towards an order, Ivar shall have the right to refuse to ship the order to you without any liability whatsoever.
Due to the valuable nature of our pieces, card providers may sometimes automatically decline transactions for your protection, particularly on high value international transactions. A quick call to your card provider to verify your identity should resolve the issue. In the meantime, if there is anything we can do, such as put pieces aside for you, please contact us via customer services and we will be happy to help.
All products at IVAR are subject to local taxes and the listed price is inclusive of domestic taxes. If the product is being shipped internationally the goods may be subject to local import duties and taxes in your jurisdiction and Ivar shall not be liable for any import duties or other taxes imposed of the good are exported out of India. Ivar shall not be liable for any import duties and taxes payable by you.
Your order alone is not a contract of sale between you and Ivar. Only when prices and stock availability are contractually confirmed until you receive the 'confirmation of order' email sent by us, which email will be sent only after credit card authorisation has been confirmed and stock levels have been checked. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except by changes made by Ivar on the site, which we may make from time to time.
In particular, nothing said by any representative of Ivar will operate as a variation to these terms and conditions or constitutes a legal representation on behalf of them.
Acceptance of any order shall be only after receipt of the payment in full towards such order. In the event of there being any communication of acceptance, the same shall be subject to the receipt of the payment in full. However, the mere acceptance of an order shall not be deemed to be an acknowledgement of receipt of the full payment. As stated above, once your credit card has been authorised and stock is checked to ascertain availability of the product, Ivar will send you an email receipt confirming your order. Please keep this receipt for your records.
All our consignments will be insured. Only transit insurance shall be provided by Ivar and it shall be valid only up to the time of acceptance of delivery. If goods are being returned due to damages, they should be insured by you as they are sent at your own risk.
Your Ivar jewellery will be delivered fully insured by our trusted trackable couriers. All international orders are fully insured and are sent via a secure tracked service. You will be notified by email as soon as your item has been dispatched. If you have any queries, please contact customer services who will be delighted to help. Please note, as mentioned above, that Ivar Jewellery cannot be liable for any local import duties and taxes imposed.
At the time of placing the order, you shall state the full name of the recipient as stated in his / her (recipient’s) government approved photo identification. At the point of delivery the recipient shall collect the product, by furnishing any one of the following government approved photo identification card:
Delivery shall be made by Ivar / courier agent only after the photo and name of the recipient is verified and confirmed by them. To ensure safe and secure delivery of the package the details of the government photo identification will be noted. The recipient of the package must cooperate with the courier agent by providing required and valid copies of his / her government approved photo identification.
In case you want any other person to receive the delivery on his behalf he / she needs to specify details of the same at the point of ordering. All items shall be delivered directly to such person and under any circumstances whatsoever, you cannot change the recipient details after the order is processed.
You have the option to change the shipping address, before the product is actually shipped. In the event you wish to change the shipping address, you have to log-in to your user account on the Website and click on the "Change Shipping Address" button next to the shipping address and change the address. This "Change Shipping Address" icon will be active only till the order status changes to "Shipped". Once the order status changes "To Shipped" the "Change Shipping Address", link becomes inactive.
All shipping charges shall be borne by Ivar. Recipient accepting delivery should carefully examine the package delivered and shall not accept deliveries where the packaging has been tampered with. The recipient receiving the delivery also has the option to open the package and check its contents prior to accepting the delivery or signing the delivery receipt. They shall not accept deliveries, where they find that the box is empty or the contents are damaged or the contents are not in accordance to the order placed.
The recipient, upon signing the delivery receipt, acknowledges the receipt of the product in terms of the order placed with Ivar. Ivar is not liable to the Customer / recipient for any refund / replacement, under any circumstance, for any subsequent complaints with respect to such deliveries.
If the recipient is not available at the time of delivery, Ivar / courier agent shall try and deliver the item thrice before returning the same to Ivar. All costs for re-shipment, insurance and handling in the case of non-delivery to you shall be chargeable to you.
Guarantee for delivery made by Ivar is subject to terms and conditions of the courier company. Any inconsistency / errors in name or address will result in non-delivery of the product.
Kindly note that that product needs to be opened on receipt, in front of the delivery person, who will then inform us and acknowledge if the piece was damaged during transit with an image of the damaged product with the timestamp. Only under these circumstances will we accept a return and initiate a refund on receipt of the damaged product. Customer Services will help you resolve any issues as quickly as possible by replacing the item or delivering another item by way of an exchange or refunding the amount paid on receipt of the defective product. The faulty item will need to be returned to us by registered post acknowledgement due to the returns address below.
We do not accept return of products once purchased, unless the product has reached you in a damaged condition. Kindly note that the product needs to be opened on receipt, in front of the delivery person, who will then acknowledge that the piece was damaged during transit with an image of the damaged product with the timestamp. Only under these circumstances will we accept a return and initiate a refund on receipt of the damaged product. When you return your items to us under the above mentioned conditions, please ensure you enclose your name and address and whether you require a refund or an exchange. Please pack the items back in the parcel and send it back to: Ivar, No.3 Mangesh Street T.Nagar, Chennai - 600028. India Contact: +919551062012 . Ivar will not be liable for any transportation charges or insurance costs for return of jewellery. We strongly recommend that you send your order back to us by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for goods / parcels lost in transit. Jewellery and goods purchased online cannot be exchanged or returned at any of our boutiques. If the package is lost in transit during the return process, Ivar will not take responsibility of the same. If there are any problems with your refund, a member of customer services will contact you or please do feel free to contact us on +9926234567.
Any refunds due by Ivar to you for non-availability of products shall be made in one of the following manners, at the sole discretion of Ivar:
Please note that colours on digital devices may vary from the natural colours of stones and will not be held as a valid reason to return the jewellery. Also, some items may appear slightly larger or smaller than actual size due to screen defaults and photography techniques. Sometimes the items may be represented larger than the actual size in order to clearly show details or smaller than the actual size in order to show the entire item. Ivar shall not be liable on this account in any manner whatsoever.
Ivar works to keep the site up to date but cannot guarantee that this site and its contents are completely free of technical errors, incorrect prices or information. By using this site, you acknowledge that you assume full responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with this site. We are also not liable for any damages associated with use of this site however caused. If you are not satisfied with the site, then please email us with your comments.
If you need assistance for any reason, please contact customer services or call on +919551062012 or email us at: [email protected] Representatives are available from 10 am to 6 pm IST, from Monday to Saturday. We accept American Express, MasterCard, Visa. To securely receive your payments over the Internet we use ___________________ technology, which is the standard Internet practice and means your details are protected. Please don't try to send orders via email, as we cannot guarantee any secure transmission of details. If you're still worried about security over the Internet, then please contact us by phone on +919551062012.
Ivar cannot guarantee that the sale and delivery of its goods to your particular country or location is permissible, so please be aware of your own geographic import restrictions. This site and its contents will not constitute the basis for any contractual commitment between Ivar and any prospective customer in any jurisdiction in which the solicitation of interest or the offering of or sale of products by Ivar would contravene any applicable local, regional or national legislation. No prospective customer should seek to make any order through the site from jurisdictions in which it would be illegal for Ivar to sell products.
Your use of this site and any agreement between you and Ivar for the sale of products / provision of services shall be governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of UAE--- and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts at UAE only. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable for these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
We want you to enjoy shopping with Ivar with the confidence that your purchase is totally supported.
When ordering online, your details are protected by a 3D secure checkout and you will also receive a valuation certificate by email for insurance purposes including the carat weight and value of your piece at the time of delivery of the item.
At Ivar, we pride ourselves on setting and maintaining high standards. We provide certificates for each piece of jewellery that you purchase from us. This ensures that you not only receive exquisite pieces of jewellery, but also that you are fully aware of its value.
Ivar guarantees the quality of the products sold on its website to be of the highest quality and make. This however does not cover any issues with the products due to wear and tear. Breakage of gemstones shall not be covered under the guarantee. Any issues caused due to the quality of craftsmanship such as breakage of clasps, prongs and such will be covered under the guarantee subject to it not being due to normal wear and tear. Shipping and insurance on the same shall be borne by the purchaser.
Ivar does not take responsibility for the breakage of any gemstones and the same will not be covered under the terms of guarantee. Ivar however will provide a certificate of authenticity and wherever applicable, GIA, Gubelin or similar and applicable certificates.
All raw materials including the metals, gemstones, etc. have all been sourced from ethical sources. All the products have been manufactured using sustainable methods without violating any human rights, social or environmental practices.
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
The terms “you” and “your”, as used in these Terms, refer to all individuals and entities accessing this site for any reason. These Terms affect your rights, and you should read them carefully. The term "We", "Us", "Our" shall mean IVAR.
2. Changes and Updates to These Terms. IVAR may, at their sole discretion, at any time, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms, without any prior notice to you. Although IVAR will post a notice of any material change to the Terms on the site for 30 days, it is your responsibility to check these Terms periodically for updates/ changes. By continuing to use the site after IVAR's posting of any changes, you agree to be bound by these Terms, as modified. Your access and use of the site is subject to the most current version of these Terms.
3. Right to Enter the site. As long as you comply with these Terms, IVAR grants you a personal, non- exclusive, non-transferable, limited permission to enter and use the site. Any unauthorized use of the site terminates the permission granted by IVAR to enter and use the site. No person under the age of 18 shall enter into any transactions on/ through the site.
4. Ownership and Use of Materials. All information, data, text, communications, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code contained on the site (collectively, "Materials") are owned, controlled or licensed by or to IVAR, and are protected by copyright, patent, trade dress and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights. You may download, print, and view Materials from the site under these Terms as long as you use the Materials only for non-commercial, personal use and as long as you do not modify or alter the Materials. You may not copy, republish, distribute, prepare derivative works, modify, or otherwise use the Materials other than as expressly permitted by these Terms. IVAR reserves the right to revoke at any time the authorization to view, download and print the Materials available via this site, and you must discontinue such use immediately upon notice from IVAR. The rights specified above to view, download and print the Materials available on this site are not applicable to the design, layout or look and feel of this site. Such elements of the site are protected by law, including trade dress, trademark, and other laws, and may not be copied or imitated. No trademark, service mark, graphic, sound or image from the site may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by IVAR in writing.
5. Access Limits. Without IVAR's express written consent, you may not (a) use any automated means to access the site or collect any information from the site (including, without limitation, robots, spiders, scripts, or other automatic devices or programs), or (b) frame the site, utilize framing techniques to enclose any service mark, logo, or other proprietary information, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages. This means, among other activities, that you agree not to engage in the practices of "screen scraping," "database scraping," "deep-linking", "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any other activity similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. We reserve the right to bar any such activity. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing IVAR's name, trademarks, or service marks without the express written permission of IVAR. You may not use any IVAR logo or other proprietary graphic, trademark, or service mark as part of a link without express written permission from IVAR. When you use the site and its Materials for an authorized purpose, you must include all proprietary notices without changing or hiding them. You agree that you will not use the site in any manner that is inconsistent with applicable law or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the site.
6. Registration Information; Security. To access certain portions of the site, you must be registered as a IVAR user and use a username and password. You represent and warrant that all information you submit on the site is accurate in all respects and you agree to maintain the accuracy of such information. If IVAR has reasonable grounds to believe that the registration information you provided is untrue, inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated, IVAR may suspend or terminate your use of the site. IVAR may disallow the use of any username that IVAR deems offensive or inappropriate. You are responsible for preserving the confidentiality of your password and for the actions of persons accessing the site through your username and password. You agree to notify IVAR immediately of any unauthorized use of your username or password. Registration is only a one-time process and if the Member has previously registered, he/she shall login / sign into his / her account.
BY USING THIS WEBSITE YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT:
7. Electronic Communications. When You use the Website or send emails or other data, information or communication to us, You agree and understand that You are communicating with Us through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from Us periodically and as and when required. We may communicate with you by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise. By being a IVAR, you authorize IVAR to send electronic mail to you notifying you of changes or additions to this site or any of IVAR's products or services.
9. User Obligations. You agree NOT to do any of the following while using the site:
You shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules thereunder as applicable and as amended from time to time and also all applicable Domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable Exchange Control Laws or Regulations in Force) and International Laws, Foreign Exchange Laws, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations (including, but not limited to GST, Sales Tax/VAT, Income Tax, Octroi, Service Tax, Central Excise, Customs Duty, Local Levies) regarding Your use of Our service and Your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of products or services. You shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force.
11. Links to External sites. IVAR may provide links on the site to other independent websites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third party vendors or other third parties not under the control of IVAR. These links are not intended as an endorsement by IVAR of the entity or individual operating the Website or a warranty of any type regarding the Website or the information on the Website. By using this site, you acknowledge that IVAR is not liable or responsible for any damage or loss caused, or alleged to be caused, by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
12. Accuracy of Information on the site. IVAR attempts to provide only accurate information, but some inaccuracies may occasionally be present. By using the site you acknowledge that IVAR will not be liable or responsible for any damage or loss caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information on the site. If you find any information on the site to be inaccurate, please alert IVAR at [email protected]
13. Termination. IVAR may suspend or terminate your use of the site for any reason, including, without limitation, if IVAR believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with these Terms. IVAR may also modify or discontinue providing the site, or any part thereof, with or without notice. IVAR is not liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the site, or any modification or termination of the site.
15. No Warranty; Disclaimers. THE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. IVAR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON- INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IVAR DOES NOT PROMISE OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT ANY ASPECT OF THE SITE WILL WORK PROPERLY, OPERATE ERROR-FREE, OR BE AVAILABLE CONTINUOUSLY. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM IVAR OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE CREATES ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, IVAR does not warrant that:
16. Limitation of Liability. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IVAR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, AND LICENSORS (A) ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF IVAR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), HOWEVER ARISING (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), AND (B) WILL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THESE TERMS IN AN AMOUNT GREATER THAN Rs.1000/-. Some jurisdictions do not allow the foregoing limitations of liability, so they may not apply to you.
17. Dealings with Advertisers or Partners. Your correspondence or business dealings with or participation in promotions of advertisers or partners found on or through the site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and that advertiser or partner. You agree that IVAR is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or partners on the site.
18. Intellectual Property. All Materials are the property of IVAR or the parties specifically indicated, and are protected by copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights (collectively, "Intellectual Property Rights"). Except as expressly provided in these Terms, IVAR does not grant any express or implied right to use the Materials. The collection, arrangement and assembly of any Materials are the exclusive property of IVAR or its licensors and are protected by Indian and international intellectual property laws, including copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of IVAR or its software suppliers and are protected by Indian and international intellectual property laws, including copyright laws. "IVAR" logos and service names are trademarks of IVAR. All other marks contained on this site are the property of the parties indicated.
19. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless IVAR, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branded partners or other partners, employees, owner, licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, group companies (as applicable) and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any claim, damages, demand, expenses, losses, liabilities or actions including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party or penalty imposed due to, arising from or related to (a) your violation of these Terms, (b) your use of the site, (c) User Content that you submit, post to, or transmit through the site, (d) your access to or use of linked sites, and (e) any dealings between you and any third parties advertising or promoting via the site or Software.
21. Void Where Prohibited. IVAR controls, operates, and administers the site from its offices in Mumbai, India. Although the site is accessible worldwide, not all features, products or services offered through or on the site are available to all persons or in all geographic locations, or appropriate or available for use outside India. IVAR reserves the right to limit the provision and quantity of any feature, product or service to any person or geographic area. Any offer for any feature, product or service made on the site is void where prohibited. If you choose to access the site from outside India, you do so on your own initiative, and you are responsible for complying with applicable local laws.
23. General. If any portion of these Terms is deemed unenforceable, that portion will be enforced to the maximum extent possible so as to effect the parties' intent as reflected by that provision, and the remaining portions of these Terms will be given full effect. IVAR's failure to act in a particular circumstance, including any failure by IVAR to enforce or exercise any provision of these Terms, does not waive the ability to act with respect to that circumstance or similar circumstances in the future. IVAR will be excused for any failure to perform to the extent that its performance is prevented by any reason outside of its reasonable control. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employment or franchise relationship is intended or created by these Terms. IVAR may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms to an entity that acquires all or substantially all of the assets of IVAR or to any subsidiary or successor in a merger or acquisition involving IVAR. These Terms, in addition to any other written agreement between you and IVAR, constitute the entire agreement between IVAR and you with respect to your access to or use of the site, superseding any prior versions of these Terms. If an express conflict exists between these terms and a written agreement between you and IVAR, such written agreement supersedes these Terms.
24. Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside India. You have given us your express and informed consent to transfer any data or other information that you provide to us to India and to process it in India.
25. Payments made through Website. You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided through the Website is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment, receiving payment through collection and remittance facility for the transactions on the Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and Credit Card payment gateway networks. Further, by providing Payment Facility, IVAR is neither acting as a trustee nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to any transaction through the Website.
All payments made through the Website including all Valid Credit / Debit/ Cash Card/ Online Bank Transfers from Valid Bank Accounts and other payment instruments are processed using a Credit Card payment gateway or appropriate payment system infrastructure and the same will also be governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between You and the respective Issuing Bank and payment instrument issuing company (if applicable)
While availing any of the payment method/s available on the Website, we will not be responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to You due to:
a) Lack of authorization for any transaction/s, or
b) Exceeding the present limit mutually agreed by You and between "Bank/s", or
c) Any payment issues arising out of the transaction, or
d) Decline of transaction for any other reason/s
25. Grievance officer. In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made
there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided
Tara Maria George
Phone: + -919551062012
Email: [email protected]
Time: Monday – Friday (9:00 - 18:00)
27. Contact Us. Please contact us for any questions or comments (including all inquiries unrelated to copyright infringement) regarding this Website.
© 2018 Ivar. All Rights Reserved